The Wednesday and Friday Writers’ groups offer
• creative support and inspiration
• exercises and ideas to help shape your pieces
• thoughtful feedback and careful editing
• guidance getting happily published
• simpatico and talented women writers to encourage you
• a lively writers’ community
Elizabeth Fishel (click here for bio) created the first Wednesday Writers group in 1991 and since then has been leading groups both Wednesdays and Fridays in her Rockridge living-room, just a few blocks from the Rockridge BART stop. To guide and inspire each writer to find her own voice, she draws on her wide experience as a writing instructor and the author of five nonfiction books and dozens of magazine articles.
The groups are open to writers at all stages, from those just beginning and writing for their own pleasure and self-discovery to those who are publishing their work. Our group members’ essays have appeared in The San Francisco Chronicle, The East Bay Monthly, Diablo, The Contra Costa Times, and The Christian Science Monitor, and on KQED’s “Perspectives,” among others, and many have published books and contributed essays to anthologies.
More info about the groups and how to join:
• Both groups meet from 10 am - 12:15 pm in 2 sessions, fall and winter/spring
• The Wednesday group meets weekly; the Friday group meets twice a month
• FALL SESSION OF WEDNESDAY WRITERS begins on
Wednesday, October 8th and meets weekly through December 17th.
No class on November 26th.
10 meetings, $400
• FALL SESSION OF FRIDAY WRITERS begins on Friday, October 17th
and meets twice monthly through January 24th. The dates are October 17, 31;
November 14, 21; December 5, 19; January 9, 23.
8 meetings, $320
• There is a $50 deposit to reserve a place.
We welcome new members! Kindly contact Elizabeth for more information.
The Wednesday Writers
About the Groups