The Wednesday and Friday Writers’ groups offer
• creative support and inspiration
• exercises and ideas to help shape your pieces
• thoughtful feedback and careful editing
• guidance getting happily published
• simpatico and talented women writers to encourage you
• a lively writers’ community
Elizabeth Fishel (click here for bio) created the first Wednesday Writers group in 1991 and since then has been leading groups both Wednesdays and Fridays in her Rockridge living-room, just a few blocks from the Rockridge BART stop. To guide and inspire each writer to find her own voice, she draws on her wide experience as a writing instructor and the author of five nonfiction books and dozens of magazine articles.
The groups are open to writers at all stages, from those just beginning and writing for their own pleasure and self-discovery to those who are publishing their work. Our group members’ essays have appeared in The San Francisco Chronicle, The East Bay Monthly, Diablo, The Contra Costa Times,The Christian Science Monitor, The Sun, Huffington Post, and on KQED’s “Perspectives”, among others, and many have published books and contributed essays to anthologies.
More info about the groups and how to join:
• Both groups meet from 10 am - 12:15 pm in 2 sessions, fall and winter/spring
• Both groups meet twice monthly
• FALL SESSION OF WEDNESDAY WRITERS begins on
September 30th and meets twice monthly through January 27th. The dates are
September 30; October 14, 28; November 11, 18; December 2, 16; January 13, 27.
9 meetings and the fee is $360.
• FALL SESSION OF FRIDAY WRITERS begins on October 9th
and meets twice monthly through January 22nd. The dates are October 9, 23;
November 6, 20; December 4, 11; January 8, 22.
8 meetings and the fee is $320.
• There is a $50 deposit to reserve a place.
We welcome new members! Registration is ongoing. Kindly contact Elizabeth for more information.
An early Wednesday Writers’ group
About the Groups